martes, 5 de agosto de 2014

For the longest time - Billy Joel - Letra y Acordes




Capo en el 1er. traste


CHORUS
  D   A   /F#   G 
Oh!, oh!, oh, oh!
 A               D
for the longest time,
 A   /F#   G 
oh!, oh, oh!
 A               D
for the longest time.


 D  /C#  Bm  /A   G          D
If you said goodbye to me tonight,
  D   /C#     Bm  /A  E/G#  E7        A  /A /G /F#     
there would still be music left to write,
F#               Bm  
 what else could I do,
A/C#       D    D7
I'm so inspired by you,
G             Em               A       D
 that hasn't happened for the longest time.


D   /C#  Bm    /A  G             D
Once I thought my innocence was gone,
 D  /C# Bm  /A   E/G#  E7       A  /A /G /F#     
now I know that happiness goes on
F#                 Bm
 that’s where you found me,
A/C#                D     D7
when you put your arms around me,
G          Em                 A       D
 I haven’t been there for the longest time.


CHORUS


D   /C#    Bm  /A       G             D     
I’m that voice you’re hearing in the hall,
 D  /C#  Bm  /A  E/G#  E7    A  /A /G /F#     
and the greatest miracle of all,
F#         Bm
 is how I need you,
A/C#          D     D7
and how you needed me too,
G              Em              A       D
 that hasn’t happened for the longest time.


BRIDGE I
 A                Bm
Maybe this won’t last very long,
    C#
but you feel so right,
    D
and I could be wrong.
 F#m              Bm
Maybe I’ve been hoping too hard,
     E7     
but I’ve gone this far,
      A
and it’s more than I hoped for.


 D   /C#   Bm  /A    G             D     
Who knows how much further well go on,
 D /C# Bm  /A   E/G#  E7         A  /A /G /F#     
maybe I’ll be sorry when you’re gone,
F#              Bm
 I’ll take my chances,
A/C#           D      D7
I forgot how nice romance is,
G           Em                 A       D 
 I haven’t been there for the longest time.


BRIDGE II
A              Bm
I had second thoughts at the start,
   C#
I said to myself,
     D
hold on to your heart.
 F#m              Bm
Now I know the woman that you are,
        E7
you’re wonderful so far
          A
and it’s more than I hoped for.


D  /C#   Bm  /A    G               D     
I don’t care what consequence it brings,
D  /C#  Bm  /A  E/G#    E7       A   /A /G /F#     
I have been a fool for lesser things,
F#           Bm
  I want you so bad,
A/C#           D       D7   
I think you ought to know that,
G             Em               A       D
 I intend to hold you for the longest time.


CHORUS (3)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario